Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

The most difficult thing


Probate in Victoria, Australia

The word probate refers to when a court allows a person to finalise the affairs of someone who has passed away.

A Grant of Probate is also a Court document. This document officially authorises the executor of a person’s estate to finalise their affairs in accordance with the Will.


When a Will is not made, a similar procedure to a Grant of Probate is used. The Supreme Court of Victoria in Melbourne issues Letters of Administration, also known as a grant of administration. That document allows the administrator to finalise the affairs of the deceased person.

Complex and Stressful

Applying for probate is a complex and difficult task that is best left to a professional. Call us now and we will guide you through the legal and bureaucratic maze that is wills & probate in Victoria.

Selling Real Estate

You will not be able to sell a house you inherit without either a Letter of Administration or Grant of Probate in Victoria.

Avoiding Disputes

Using a professional helps to avoid unnecessary family disputes. Read more about disputes here.

What do I have to do?

There are many things that have to be done. Probate is a complex and stressful process that is easiest if done by probate experts.

Even straightforward estates can prove surprisingly complex and time consuming to unravel and executors are legally liable for any mistakes. The great majority of people seek advice from an expert and fully insured probate lawyer.

Call us for help. We can make this stressful process easy, and ensure that everything from the initial probate search to the grant of probate in Melbourne at the Supreme Court is taken care of properly.

A Solicitor Has the Will - We Don't Have the Will

We can arrange to obtain the Will for you. Where no Will exists you must obtain a Letter of Administration- a process similar to obtaining probate.

Do I need to contact a probate administration law firm?

If you are inheriting real estate then a Grant of Probate (Will) or Letters of Administration (No Will) will need to be obtained from the Supreme Court of Victoria in Melbourne. Where there are assets above $20,000 dollars involved, other than for the funeral, most financial institutions will not allow that money to be accessed without Probate.

Call (03) 98 577 522 now for a fixed-fee Probate quotation.
After all, there is no obligation and you have nothing to lose.

How much does it cost?

In most cases we can provide a fixed fee inclusive of all costs. It can be surprisingly affordable and we will match any written quote. All Areas.

Free Consultation

Just want to find out more about probate and what is involved? Ring us for a free 30 minute consultation. Or Email us using the form below.






I am interested in:

Further Information

Send me details about prices




Art and Website Copyright © 2010 David Boots